Policy & Payment
* Policies & Payments apply to the Richmond Hill location only
PAYMENT FOR PRIVATE LESSONS:
1. Tuition may be paid monthly (regular price), every full three months (3% discount) or every full 5 months (4.5% discount).
2. Tuition for both first and second months are payable at registration.
3. Tuition of all following months is payable on or before the 1st day of the previous month.
4. Payment method: Cash, Debit, Cheque or Post-dated cheques are accepted. Please make cheques payable to Pro-Music.
5. A one-time $15 registration fee applies to new students.
TERMINATION FOR PRIVATE LESSONS:
1. After the initial trial month, a one-month notice is required to withdraw from the program.
2. Tuition is payable for the duration of the one-month period whether lessons are taken or not.
3. Credits from missed lessons are non-refundable upon termination. However, they may be used as tuition towards make-up lessons, other lessons or purchases.
4. If a discount was applied for a multi-month payment, but the student is unable to finish all the lessons covered by that payment, the discount will be cancelled and the total fee will be recalculated at regular price.
5. An administration fee of $25 will be applied to tuition refunds for withdrawals. This fee does not apply if no refund is needed.
ABSENCE FOR PRIVATE LESSONS:
1. Notice of absence must be received by our office at least 24 hours before the lesson time to qualify for make-up. Failure to call before the 24-hour mark will result in a charge for the lesson; no make-up lessons will be granted.
2. In case of sickness and emergency cancellations, make-up lessons are not guaranteed. Lessons missed by the student will only be made up under special circumstances at the discretion of the individual teacher.
3. To report absence, please use the cancellations tab on our website or send us an email. We will send you a confirmation email for your record.
4. Missed lessons, including but not limited to lessons missed due to sickness, vacations or for long weekends (Thanksgiving, Easter, etc.) and March Break, cannot be refunded or credited.
5. Make-up lessons granted for all cancellations initiated by the student must be done within 120 days or will expire.
6. Missed lessons may only be rescheduled once.
7. Credits from student's cancellations are non-refundable.
1. All fees are paid in full by cash, e-transfer, debit or cheque once a confirmation is received.
2. A $15.00 administration fee is charged on each dishonoured cheque.
3. Cancellation with a refund must be applied for in writing at least 20 business days prior to the first day of camp. A $50 cancellation fee will be withheld per camp, per child cancelled. There are no refunds for cancellation requested fewer than 20 business days before the camp begins. Please allow 4 – 6 weeks for refunds. (“Early Bird” registrations are non-refundable).
4. In case of serious illness or accidental injury, Pro-Music is permitted to use their judgement in obtaining necessary medical attention to ensure a student’s health and safety.
5. Pro-Music has the right to release and discharge all claims of personal injuries or property damages that a student may suffer as a result of participating in any activities offered by Pro-Music.
6. Pro-Music does not provide any food or beverages to their students. Students will bring their own nut-free snacks to camp.
7. Pro-Music uses pictures and videos taken at Pro-Music and/or Pro-Music functions in program planning, staff training, website and promotional usage.
GROUP KEYBOARD & CHOIR
PAYMENT FOR GROUP KEYBOARD & CHOIR:
Group lessons are payable in sessions (Usually 10 lessons per session). Full payment is required one month before the start of the session.
TERMINATION FOR GROUP KEYBOARD & CHOIR:
To withdraw from a group lesson, notice must be given one month before the beginning of the session. Should there be a refund involved, an administrative fee of $50 will be charged.
Once a session has started, students are committed to continue for the whole session (10 lessons). There are no partial refunds or credits due to early withdrawal.
ABSENCE FOR GROUP KEYBOARD & CHOIR:
Due to the nature of group lessons, no individual make-up lessons will be granted for absences. The student can talk to the teacher directly to obtain material missed due to such absences.
1. Pro-Music will charge a $15 fee on all cheques returned by the bank.
CANCELLATION DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER:
1. In case of class cancellations due to inclement weather, we will NOT notify students individually. Please check the school website or call us two hours before your lesson to confirm if classes have been cancelled.
SUSPENSION OF STUDENTS:
1. Pro-Music reserves the right to suspend students for non-payment for tuition, extreme absence or inappropriate conduct.
CANCELLATION OF INSTRUCTION:1. Pro-Music reserves the right to cancel any course or level of instruction at any time without advance notice or liability other than to refund tuition fees received for lessons cancelled due to such cancellation or closing.
2. Pro-Music reserves the right to provide supply teachers without advance notice.
3. In the absence of a teacher, the administration will either assign a substitute teacher or reschedule a make-up lesson